DavieFirst.org’s editorial policy is quite simple:
(1) publish news which is important to residents of Davie County;
(2) separate facts from commentary and analysis;
(3) be as careful as possible to be accurate;
(4) if an error is made, correct the error as quickly as possible and make the correction to the same audience and in the same manner as the original, erroneous information;
(5) be as sensitive as possible to the reputation of others;
(6) publish as many differing views on a subject as possible; and
(7) when possible, do not avoid controversial issues.
I will expect all opinions expressed by others on DavieFirst.org to be dignified and well reasoned.
What the print media is up against is SAD: Speed Accuracy Depth.